this weekend, I purchased three concert dvd's by Christian artist: Kirk Franklin and the Family- Whatcha Lookin For, Yolanda Adams - Unforgettable Evening and Fred Hammond and the Radicals For Christ - Live.
the purchase of the cd's surprised a friend of mine because I'm quick to say that I'm not a christian......but a very spiritual person. I RESPECT all religions without seeing one as being better than another and knock no person for their beliefs. I know there is higher being leading me on this journey through life and the blessing I have received have been great. I don't always give the Creator the due as I should but I'm trying to get better at doing so.
I was baptised Catholic but grew up in the Baptist churches my Grandmother attended. back when everyone in the church knew your name and called to see why you missed service. back when you could walk up to your Pastor and ask him to Sunday dinner or met with him. see back when you didn't have to go through the Pastors PEOPLES to talk. back before mega-churches who's outreach programs are in the neighborhoods the church ONCE called home! back when the Pastor drove a car that wasn't better than yours, lived in a house better than yours and before book and tv deals.....breath brother, breath.
ok, I'm back. the three artist that I purchased, have moved me, filled me, made me cry and touched my soul. Kirk Franklin drew me in with the beat then came the words at a time when I needed it....i listened and learned. Fred Hammond did the same but spoke a little deeper to me. Yolanda, well, it was her voice and lyrics on one song that moved me to tears...i Believe the song is called 'The Good Shepard.' that songs gets me every time doesn't matter how many times I listen to it.
now, before you say that I need this or that in my life or need to believe this, don't do it! I am getting in tune with and building a better relationship with my Creator everyday....respect my beliefs the way I respect yours. we are all blessed.

6 comments:
Say that shyt...if people sould allow others to mind thier own, we would be so much better off in so many ways.
seems like the perfect time for fasting and praying...to each their own and in their own time. kirk franklin's newest one isnt bad either! he has a song on it called "imagine me," that rocks my soul to the core every time i hear it. download it today and give it a serious listen. church/inspirational songs have always done that to me, i dont know why...
yep, those artists and donnie do it to me everytime...and it seems they find us just when u need them...stay blessed
Yolanda Adams in concert is unbelievable...that voice! I got to see her at the Essenz Festival in Houston this year...GREAT! Sounds just like the cd for the most part.
Good stuff Copa
Preach and Amen! It's said that one has to build a PERSONAL relationship with the Divine, so therefore you don't need to justify yourself to anyone; just as no one should dictate to you what to believe.
Continue to grow and be blessed.
Check out Dave Holister's Book of David. Very good.
Post a Comment