I'm on the bus headed back to St. louis as Marvin Gaye sings 'Trouble Man.' My heart isn't as heavy as before I left but it still aches a great deal. Seeing Stephanie wasn't as bad as I imagined, it still wasn't a pretty sight. I thought the tears would fall but they didn't. still seeing her like that hurt....she was always so full of life, strong and determined. yet, I believe those are the things that will pull her through this.
I couldn't read the poem to her but I did put it on the wall in the room. Darrell read it, said he liked it....told me he used to write. also told me he was video taping my new baby cousin London (she is a cutie) so that Steph can know what was going on....he said he was thinkin about starting a journal, good idea. I gave him a notebook purchased before the trip. I hope he uses it.
hate that it took this for me to go home but it was good to see the family. my aunt still treats me like a kid but love her to death. my uncle is still crazy cool. my older cousin Steven's son is shaping up to be just like him and that IS NOT a good thing. Stephanie's son Aarrell, is 4 going on 10 and super smart.
that's pretty much the trip...wish I could have had more time. maybe next month. I want to see Stephanie everyday but its not possible. But I'm gonna try to go back once a month to see her and the family. doesn't matter if she is in the hospital or not.
I love ya'll for reading my post and sharing my pain. for the encouraging replies and the prayers. I can never say thank you enough....but thank you again.
onelove,
Evan

6 comments:
so glad that you decided to visit your cousin. plus, the other family members now know (if they didnt already), how much she means to you...
Thank you for the birthday shout; much appreciated.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I prayed that your cousin Stephanie will wake up and that for right now, God is just resting her for all her hard work and endeavors.
Be well & be blessed.
it was a very important trip.. belive me, she knows you were there.. and she was smiling.. even if you didn't see it, it was there...
love you baby brother...
kim
must agree, she knew u were there. glad u were able to be by her side, and will continue to make more trips...we love u copa
Ok, so I know I got mother hen on you...lol. Copa, you are a wonderful man and I am so sorry you are having to go through this right now. I am glad you were able to find SOME solace in all of this. Glad you left the peice there...maybe he can read it to her.
I understand what you mean about family. I almost always go see my folks every summer...in fact I have every summer since I moved here and didnt get to this summer. It is hard being away from family....especially when something important is going on.
I am very glad you made it there and back safe. Keepin you in my thoughts....
so glad you got to see your cousin, and release some of your heart's burden.
i don't know what i'd do w/o my family close by...
Post a Comment