peace and blessings,
so last night I went to see Bernice at one of the local libary branches for her book signing. afterwards, she and I talked for a while catching up on our lives. I wanted to hangout with Bernice for a little longer so we went to a Thursday night poetry spot. I wasn't reading but still thought it would fun. well...
I know its wrong to be negative about others poetry but last night sucked. I have never left a poetry venue with a headache. never went to a poetry spot where I didn't enjoy ONE poet. never went to a poetry spot where I someone didn't inspire me. I had been to the spot before and the poetry was good..but last night was something else. it wasn't what I'm used to in a poetry spot. I felt ashamed for asking Bernice to come along...i wish she could have stayed one more night so I could have taken her to Legacy so she could have heard some POETS spit POETRY. Because we didn't hear any last night!

1 comment:
I got your poet, if you got some time to read my poetry. I like your play list. Musin brings back so many memories and emotions. Nice blog, Mike...
Post a Comment