Sunday, October 08, 2006

Meerkat Manor...im hooked!

whats upper?

its Sunday night and i just got in from the job. i have taken off my shirt, kicked off my shoes, turned the TVhe on and pressed power on the NEW Dell laptop! i flip through the channels and find one of my favorite shows....Noahs Arch? nope. Grey's Anatomy? nope. Football? nope.

this happens show happens to be Meerkat Manor on the Animal Planet. i had seen the commercials about the show but never thought it would be of any interest to me until coming across it channel surfing. so, i watched a couple of episodes and became hooked! maybe its because i think of Timon and Pumba when watching the show. it could be because i like seeing this little animals survive in the harshness Africa. nope, its because the show is GOOD! the Meerkats (the show follows the Whiskers Clan)on this show is a family unit: a strong mother, a chill father, crazy uncles and aunt...and sibling rivalries. AND, they not only battle each other but with the neighbors as well...and mom, will kick someone out of the family in a heartbeat! now tell me that aint some human like shyt!?!

i would rather watch this reality show about 'animals' than any of the 'human' reality shows. these animals arent fighting over money or to become 'stars', these animals are fighting to live in the roughness of Africa....i love it!

the show airs on Friday nights but i normally catch the repeats on Sundays. check it out if you can or learn about it at animalplanet.com

6 comments:

Angel said...

awwww...can i just say that you REALLY sounded like a father just now? :-)

Ebony Stewart said...

Lol Totally not what I was expecting! You silly, but it's all about you and what you like. Cute.

CousinSarah said...

I know RIGHT? I mean I am not "hooked" but I watch more animal channel than I EVER would have guessed I would...J loves it. I find myself stopping on it when I am channel surfing too. If it is something I think he will like, I stop so I can tell him about it. LOL

This is how we turn into old people. lololol. Remember when we were kids and we would be like "UHHHH, I hate this boring stuff." and now I watch it on the regular cause I let my son choose the shows MUCH more often than my parents let me. And I often prefer the animal channel stuff over some of his cartoons.

Yeah, would totally rather watch animal planet vs pretty much any reality show. (Although Apprentice is my reality TV weakness. :) )

Blu Jewel said...

I too like that show.

SLUMP FACADE said...

I can dig it on rather watching animal reality shows v. humans, so damn sick of the same old dumb ass, boring ass "Channel 0" programming that TV usually puts me to sleep unless its sport...

Shelle said...

hahahaha love this show...ma ain't no joke. and those bandits will kick some ass in a heartbeat lol!!