last night after work, a co-worker and I went to a new poetry spot called Lyrics In the Lou at the Filter Bar. it been around for a minute but last night, was my first time going. the place is small but kewl. the stage is visable from all the seats...the only issue is the noise coming from the bar can drown out the poet. yet, I know that also goes for most places poetry is held.
I got there late but the host, Mocca Latté, put me on the list and I did Tell Him I'm Waiting...i saw a couple of faces from Legacy: Poetry in Motion, Mocca, 16 Bars and the Movie Poetic....so that felt good. it also felt good to spit! I hdant done it in a loooooong time and I needed the practice, lol. its just getting me ready for next Thursday...i still have pieces to finish for that one....but it felt good to get out and hear some words!
onelove

7 comments:
new spots are good... new poetry is better!
I want previews of the poems homie...and I still need to here you spit.
;)
i know! where's the piece poet??? and why all those poets got dramatic names? you're gonna have to change yours to "moments on the mic" or "objects in mirror are closer than they appear..." ;-P
I'm glad you got a chance to do ya thang!
keep it up.
Yeah King! I know it felt good, new spot, new poetry, new life...keep it up
lol @ angel
I need to do my rounds in the city, i've been lazy...I was invited to a poetry book release party on Wed. I might go since I feel I'm lacking some inspiration
i ventured out to a new spot recently too and it was a really nice spot and a great vibe. it was nice to do something even though i hadn't planned to
Post a Comment