i finally got to see Dreamgirls (bootleg version).......add me to the list of those singing its praises! Jennifer Hudson did a great job as Effie, as did Jamie Foxx as Curtis, i can see why she is receiving all these awards. she put her all into the role and played it to the hilt.
big up to Eddie Murphy as James Thunder Early. i didnt think Eddie could be THAT serious.
i never got to see the Broadway version but it would be nice to.....because IT, had some powerhouse singers in the roles. yea Jennifer can SANG and the Beyonce can sing but.....just listening to the soundtrack of the Broadway version could bring one to tears. Jennifer Holiday singing; "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"....shooo even as a kids, this song always did me in. i hope that the popularity of the movie will cause them to release a dvd version of the play. it would be great to see Sheryl Lee Ralph and Loretta Devine in their respective roles.
I still enjoyed the movie version though....i could see Diana Ross and the Supremes, Barry Gordy and the Motown sound all in the movie. Cause Diana Ross, really cant sing and couldnt act for shyt! Yet, she had that appeal that people love....and Barry Gordy was a control freak.
Best believe I will be buying the original when it comes out.....the bootleg version is VERY good but i liked the movie THAT much.
PS
big ups to to Grey's Anatomy for winning a SAG award for best ensemble in a drama series and Greys' Anatomy's Chandra Wilson for winning a SAG for best female actor in a drama series!
Go Grey's Anatomy!

6 comments:
"move! move! move right outta my life! move! move!" that's my shyt! j-hud did the damn thang didn't she? damn "buh-con-kay" always trying to get all the praise... :-/
You're not the only one who enjoyed it without leaving the house, lol, my girlfriend stopped by my place on Saturday with a bootleg version of Dreamgirls, but why call it bootleg if it was sooooo clear? There was no fuzziness or interruptions and the movie was great. Eddie did his thang and Jennifer was incredible, her voice gave me goosebumps, now that's a real actress. Thanks for sharing :)
i still haven't seen it, but with my schedule, i dont get to see much in the movies anyway. i've heard nothing but good things about it too.
Lol @ Angel. I still have yet to see the movie, I'm hoping that since I'll be going back home soon I'll get to see it with my moms.
Yeah it was a good movie.
Yeah Barry Gordy was a control freak.
Yeah Diana Ross cant sing.
YES Jennifer Hudson is OFF THE CHAIN. The number where shes the only one left on the stage was SURREAL. The emotion in her voice was INCREDIBLE.
Yes the movie was incredible...don't think it would of been much w/o Jennifer Hudson though...so why all the hooplah over Beyonce...??
Post a Comment