Saturday, January 28, 2006

Aaaah the Patriot Act.

peace,

brothers and sisters...someone tell me why is the government making a big deal about the Patriot Act?

oh yea....the government finally made something its been doing for years, LEGAL....WOW! I don't know about you but I feel soooo much safer. I mean...this will stop those DAMNED terrorist who are out to destroy America. but what the those OTHER terrorist.....

I mean...with all this new freedom, maybe the government will spy on these big companies so we won't have another Enron or more jobs leaving America.

Maybe the government will spy on these politicians....who are SUPPOSE to be representing the people but have REALLY forgotten the people.

Maybe the government will spy on these educators who sing the song about better education for Inner-city youth....get a ton of money....only to have the educational system decline.

Hey, maybe they will spy on those who make it easy for someone to buy a gun on the streets.

I could go on and on but the truth is this: for all that spying to occur, the government would have to spy on itself.....and we KNOW that's not about to happen.

so, brothers and sister....watch what you write in these blogs and say on the phone. my fellow poets, watch what you write in those poems. the government is watching and listening to YOU while the REAL criminals run free.

Damn...there goes another page for my Homeland security file.

Sarah, my file is getting as big as yours!

done venting

onelove

4 comments:

unsaid said...

"the government finally made something its been doing for years, LEGAL"

I was just saying that! I was wondering what's the big deal and why they even brought it up. Maybe they got some info on people and want an excuse for how they got it. So make it legal and then take people down! I guess they just want to make the evidence they find by these means admissible in court.

CousinSarah said...

Hell yeah BROTHA!!!!! If I was here I would jump up, give you a high five, jump and bang chests (you know...body slam--whateva that is called.)

Check out a book "Seeing Red", check CONTELPRO, check McCarthism, Check the cold war, hCheck the Civil Wat...WHAT UP?!?!?!

I'll always be your alibi BIG BABEEEEEE. :)

Shelle said...

yes yes yes, say it say it
and as far as sara's file goes...oh i'm sure a satellite is tracking her azz right now, phone tapped, cia prolly working in her office, lol

SLUMP FACADE said...

African American male in America = unsafe, before and after any Act designed to intrude for the sake of protecting. Well put vent!!! I like your way of espousing intellectual rage, we parallel at times...