Thursday, February 02, 2006

iWPS

peace and blessing,

well, a brother arrived in Charlotte safe and sound. I the ride was kewl and I have nothing bad to say about 'greyhound'...for now (please keep in mind, I still have to ride it back home).

I'm in Charlotte for iWPS to see, hear, be inspired and learn from some of the hottest poets from around the world (yes, there are poets here from different countries) battle it out for bragging rights, money and a place in history. seen a lot of faces from Nationals (rock baby) and a couple that I heard of but hadnt seen (twain).

everything starts today but...last night, there was a wild card slam to see who would fill the LAST slot for iWPS and that honor goes to......Q, from right churr in Charlotte. he beat out ten other poets for the finally spot.

registration opens at 10am today (yesterday was early registration) and the competition begins tonight. I can't wait, its gonna be hot!! I got some money set aside for at least two cd's and one shirt...thats it!

I think..

onelove

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Maybe it wont be the same cause it is seasoned poets...but watch the women when Twain gets on. Uh huh.

And I swear, Rock Baby has more energy that the energizer bunny on speed runnin from the po po. LOOOVES HIM!

Tell us all about it. I need to get myself to one of these. My boy B always teases me cause I really love good poetry and I wear my feelings on my sleeve. I be the lone white girl hollerin out and shit...esp when it is quiet. BUT I CANT KEEP IT IN!!

While I am jealous of you, you be jealous of me too....tonight, I am going to a short lecture on the history of hip hop by a prof from DUKE. BABY BABAAAAAAA!

unsaid said...

i know you don't know me like that lol but...i hope that you post some details soon!

my coffee is always said...

What uppers? Got your e-mails.. I am JEALOUS... funds were much too low this year.... Please post or at least call me and let me know what's up.. THERE IS NO IWPS WEB SITE INFO...... Be safe..
thir13teen